Matthew T. Bennett III
Location: Newburgh, New York
Matthew T. Bennett III joined the law firm of Larkin Ingrassia, LLP in September 2023 as an associate in the Criminal Law Department. He earned his J.D. from Roger Williams University School of Law, in Bristol, Rhode Island. He also attended King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, where he received a B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude.
Matt, a Monroe-Woodbury alum, served the communities in Sullivan and Orange Counties as an Assistant District Attorney for more than four years. Matt has tried various cases to verdict, including trials before a jury, for crimes such as attempted murder; narcotics possession; and driving while intoxicated. He has also worked as a criminal defense attorney at another prominent Orange County law firm.
Matt is admitted to practice in the states of New York and Arizona (inactive).
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- DWI/DUI Defense
- Traffic Ticket/Speeding Ticket Defense
- New York
- Arizona (inactive)
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol, Rhode Island
- J.D. – 2015
- King’s College, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 2012, summa cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley, advisory board member