Were you just “passing through” when you received your speeding ticket? Our lawyers may be able to resolve your situation without you having to return to the area. To learn more about what we can do to help — contact our firm today.
Three Speeding Tickets May Get Your License Suspended
If you only compare the cost of paying the fine to the cost of hiring an attorney, it does not seem to make much economic sense to fight a speeding ticket. However, there are other things to consider before giving up your rights and paying the fine:
- Anyone can lose track of their speed for a few moments and be cited for speeding
- It only takes three speeding tickets or 11 driving record points in any 18 month span to get your license suspended (it only takes one ticket for speeding more than 40 miles per hour over the posted limit to accomplish this)
- If you are a repeat traffic offender (meaning you have other recent tickets on your record) you may be facing additional penalties
- Even if you were driving your own car at the time, a speeding ticket could cost you your commercial drivers’ license (CDL)
- If your speeding ticket is for going more than 20 miles per hour over the posted limit (six points), a three-year tax on your driving privileges will be imposed by the state of New York (a.k.a., the Drivers Responsibility Assessment)
The bottom line is that most tickets are definitely worth the effort it takes to fight them. If yours isn’t worth it, we will be honest with you, and won’t waste your time or money.
Want To Know What Penalties You May Face?
Contact Larkin Ingrassia, LLP for a free speeding ticket consultation. Reach us by phone at 845-566-5345 or send us an email inquiry. We represent local, out-of-town and out-of-state drivers cited for speeding and other serious traffic violations on Interstates I-87 (NYS Thruway) or I-84, U.S. Route 9W, the Palisades Interstate Parkway, State Routes 6, 17 (86) or 59, and other roadways.
Se Habla Español / Major Credit Cards Accepted