William J. Larkin III(1955-2023)
William J. Larkin, III was the founding partner in the law firm of Larkin Ingrassia, PLLC.
Mr. Larkin’s areas of focus were in Family Law, Matrimonial Law, Civil Litigation, Criminal Defense and Entertainment Law. He had represented numerous people in matters concerning divorce, custody, support and maintenance, orders of protection, business interests, and pension benefits. Mr. Larkin had also successfully argued appeals before the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, Second and Third Departments. In addition, Mr. Larkin had served as counsel to television actors and other industry members in the negotiation, preparation and review of employment contracts, product endorsements and in protecting, licensing and exploiting intellectual property rights. Finally, Mr. Larkin was an accomplished criminal defense attorney. Prior to his Matrimonial and Family Court focus, his expertise was in the area of criminal defense with an emphasis on individuals charged with driving while intoxicated and had obtained not guilty verdicts in trials involving election fraud, armed robbery, grand larceny and scheme to defraud.
Mr. Larkin graduated Magna Cum Laude from Siena College with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Thereafter, he graduated from Albany Law School of Union University. He was admitted to practice in all Courts within the State of New York as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Mr. Larkin has served individuals with matters pending in Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Greene Counties. He was a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association and for several years sat on the Bar Association’s Grievance Committee.
Mr. Larkin passed away on March 30, 2023.
While we mourn his untimely death, we shall continue to celebrate his life and legacy.
Mr. Larkin is survived by his wife, Nancy and three sons, Brendan, Harrison, and Patrick. Over the years, he had been active in coaching soccer, baseball and basketball for his sons, including the Newburgh Zion Lions. In addition, he had participated in other local community affairs including support for the St. Patrick’s Church Soup Kitchen and the Ulster County Department of Social Services by purchasing gifts for needy children during the holiday season.
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
– Irish Blessing
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Entertainment Law
- New York, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1986
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. – 1980
- Siena College, Albany, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude – 1977
Honors and Awards
- Named to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in New York 2020
- Named by Super Lawyers Magazine as One of the Top Attorneys in New York 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012-2023
- Named by Super Lawyers Magazine as one of the Top 25 Attorneys in Hudson Valley, 2018
- AIOFLA’S 10 Best Family Law Attorney in New York for Client Satisfaction – 2016
- Named by The National Trial Lawyers as One of the Top 100 Trial Attorneys in New York State, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Newburgh Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- New York State Minority Leader, Counsel
Pro Bono Activities
- Newburgh Zion Lions