Child Custody Relocation Lawyer Services

Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

Divorce does not put an end to life’s changes. In fact, parents often need to move because of a better job opportunity, the need to take care of an ailing family member or for some other valid reason. However, sometimes, the reasons are not so valid.

What none of this changes is that both parents have rights the other must respect — which in turn makes custodial parent relocation difficult, particularly when there is an existing custody order and the non-custodial parent does not consent to a modification.

No matter what side of the parent relocation issue you are on, the sooner you talk to an attorney about it, the better. You can find the experienced legal help you will need at Larkin Ingrassia, LLP.

Call 845-566-5345 or contact us online for a consultation today regarding any child custody, support or post-divorce modification issue.

Factors That Influence A Child Custody Modification Order

In New York, the right of a custodial parent to relocate is determined based upon the best interest of the child standard. A few of the factors a court may consider in determining whether to grant a modification to a custodial parent who wants to relocate, include:

  • Each parent’s reasons for seeking or opposing the modification
  • The quality of the relationship the child has with each parent
  • The impact of the move on the quantity and quality of the child’s future contact with the non-custodial parent
  • The degree to which the custodial parent’s and child’s life may be enhanced economically and educationally by the move
  • The feasibility of preserving the relationship between the non-custodial parent and the child through suitable visitation arrangements.

Wherever possible, we work to obtain an acceptable out-of-court solution that is in line with the goals of our client. If we are unable to accomplish that goal, you can feel confident that our lawyers will be prepared to aggressively fight to protect your parental rights in court.

Need To Modify Your Custody Order? Reach Out To Our Firm Today.

Call us at 845-566-5345 or send us an email to set up your consultation. We have
office Locations in Newburgh, Middletown, and Kingston, New York. Se Habla Español.