Protecting Your And Your Children’s Rights Through Post-Judgment Enforcement

When a judge signs off on a child custody, support or maintenance decree, it becomes a binding court order that can be enforced. If your ex-spouse is not living up to the terms of a family court decree, an experienced lawyer can help you seek enforcement of the order.

At the law firm of Larkin Ingrassia, LLP, our attorneys help clients throughout the Hudson Valley pursue post-judgment enforcement of family court decrees. Our firm also defends people who have been targeted in enforcement actions in New York.

Enforcing Support, Custody And Maintenance Orders

Many post-judgment enforcement actions revolve around child support. If your child’s other parent is behind on child support payments or is refusing to pay altogether, the law provides a number of different options for collecting the money you and your child are owed.

Our attorneys are prepared to help clients pursue collection actions and contempt-of-court actions against parties who are delinquent in paying child support.

Child custody and visitation are also enforceable. If your child’s other parent is not complying with the terms of the parenting plan, we can help you pursue an enforcement action. We can also assist you if your child has been taken out of state without the permission of the court.

Spousal maintenance, also known as alimony, is also enforceable. There is not as much of an infrastructure for alimony collection as for child support collection, but we have helped many clients successfully enforce maintenance obligations.

Call Our Firm To Take Action About Your Enforcement Issue Today. Se Habla Español.

From our offices in Middletown, Newburgh, and Kingston, our firm assists clients throughout the Hudson Valley with family law issues. To schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer, call us at 845-566-5345 or email us today.