Theresa R. Cayton
Location:Newburgh, New York
Theresa R. Cayton joined Larkin, Ingrassia & Tepermayster, LLP as an Associate in the firm’s matrimonial department in 2018. Prior to joining the firm she served as an Assistant District Attorney in Orange County, NY, where she prosecuted misdemeanor offenses throughout Orange County, as well as felony offenses in Orange County Court. During her tenure as an Assistant District Attorney, she specialized in prosecuting domestic violence offenses, and was a member in the Special Victims Unit. Ms. Cayton has tried various cases to verdict, including trials before a jury, for crimes such as sex offenses; assault; narcotics possession; and driving while intoxicated.
Ms. Cayton received her J.D. from Albany Law School in Albany, New York, in May 2014. She also attended John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, New York, where she received a B.A. in Humanities and Justice, magna cum laude. Ms. Cayton also attended SUNY Orange, in Middletown, New York, where she received an A.S. in Criminal Justice. Ms. Cayton is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
Areas of Practice
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Past Employment Positions
- Orange County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2014 – 2018
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. – May, 2014
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2011
- Major: Humanities and Justice
- SUNY Orange, Middletown, New York
- Major: Criminal Justice