Location:Newburgh, New York
Milana joined Larkin, Ingrassia & Tepermayster, LLP, in September of 2009 as an associate in the firm’s matrimonial department and became a partner in January of 2016. Milana serves clients with family court matters and divorce litigation throughout the state. Milana has developed a strong love for her skillful work as a family and matrimonial attorney. Prior to joining the firm, Milana was first employed as an associate in Jericho, New York, where she practiced exclusively in matrimonial and family law.
Milana’s extensive experience includes the handling of matters involving complex equitable distribution of marital assets, support, child custody issues and appellate work. Milana appears regularly in Family and Supreme Courts throughout Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Sullivan and Rockland Counties. She also handles the drafting and negotiating of pre and post nuptial agreements for clients.
Milana received her J.D., from the Pace University School of Law in White Plains, New York. She also attended State University of New York at Albany, New York where she received a B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude. Milana is admitted to practice law in the State of New York and in the State of Connecticut. She was born in Ukraine and is fluent in Russian.
Milana has worked with various clients throughout her career. Milana is not afraid to prepare for trial and to litigate the matter to conclusion in order to obtain the best possible result for the client. Each client is afforded accessibility to Milana and upmost attention. Each step of litigation or negotiation is explained to the client so that one can obtain full understanding and be educated when the time comes to make decisions.
Having handled hundreds of clients who are going through highly acrimonious divorces, custody hearings, support matters, family offense petitions involving orders of protections, domestic violence claims, involvement of child protective services, relocation issues and grandparents rights, Milana has the full commitment to achieve the best results for Larkin, Ingrassia & Tepermayster, LLP clients.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Family Court Matters
- Divorce Litigation
- New York, 2009
- Connecticut, 2008
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York
- J.D. – 2008
- Honors: Dean’s List
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude – 2004
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2013-2018
- AIOFLA’S 10 Best Family Law Attorney in New York for Client Satisfaction – 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Middletown Bar Association, President, 2011
- Middletown Bar Association, Treasurer, 2010 – Present
- New York Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, Board Member
- New York Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, State Delegate, 2013 – 2014
- New York Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, President, 2012 – 2013
- New York Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, President Elect, 2011 – 2012
- New York Women’s Bar Association of Orange and Sullivan Counties, Corresponding Secretary, 2010-2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Orange County Family Court Pro Bono Committee, Board Member, 2013-2014