Post-Judgment Modification Services

A divorce, separation or paternity decree may seem final, but what happens when things change, and the arrangements that were put in place are no longer workable? Under New York law, many family law decrees can be modified later by court order.

At the law firm of Larkin Ingrassia, LLP, our experienced attorneys help clients throughout the Hudson Valley pursue post-judgment modifications to child custody, support and maintenance decrees for reasons such as, but not limited to, the following:

  • Changes in income: If you have lost your job or your pay has been substantially cut, you may be eligible for a reduction in your child support obligations or an increase in the child support payments you receive from your child’s other parent.
  • Parental relocation: You may want to move out of the area for any of a number of reasons, from a new job to a new relationship. If you have a child custody order, you cannot move with your child unless you get formal permission from the court.
  • Remarriage: If you are marrying someone who also has children, you may be eligible for a child support modification. If your child’s other parent is marrying someone with a questionable background, the court may be willing to modify child custody and visitation.
  • Substance abuse: If you suspect that your child’s other parent has a problem with drugs or alcohol, it may be possible to reduce or restrict his or her custody or visitation.

Every post-judgment modification request is unique. Whether you are seeking a modification or you would like to contest your ex’s request for a modification, we can help you identify and pursue the most effective strategy for achieving your goals.

Call Our Child Custody Lawyers Today! Se Habla Español.

From our offices in Newburgh, Middletown, and Kingston, our firm assists clients throughout the Hudson Valley in family law matters. To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys, call us at 845-566-5345or email us today.